Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Full Day's Work

Usually with everyone's help we get things done around the house. Some days are good and some not so much. Work can quickly get behind in a home of twelve people, especially when the majority is yet quite young. That's why I've come to appreciate my daughters' help so much. Lately though, things around the house have changed a bit. Ever since, about a little over a week ago, when my oldest daughter broke her foot work has been somewhat challenging. Now she needs to be cared after, as she's unable to do most things on her own. On the bright side, it's my opportunity to serve her and for the rest of the family too. We're praying for her recovery. 

This morning we had an early start. The kids woke very early to complete their basic homeschooling lessons. We use Christian Light workbooks, which are very practical and can be done by the kids mostly on their own. Naturally, we also took the necessary time to read this week's Torah Portion. After lunch, we gathered around our kitchen table to work on History together. This took longer to do because of the different grade levels. Before I knew it, I had to rush to start cooking a meal before my husband got home and barely had time to get some laundry done. Time went by fast, and I didn't get to do all I wanted. I'm hoping for a much more productive day tomorrow.
Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.
                                                                             Proverbs 16:3

                                    she's needing cruthes to get by


                                          
                                                some books we used today



                                                    looking at a book

No comments:

Post a Comment