Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Books and Visits...

Some interesting things have happened around at our home lately. I haven't had much time to write, as I've been in and out so much, and when I am home there's too much keeping me busy.
Well I, I'm excited to say I ordered some books and received them this week. I bought the books, Large Families Logistics: The Art and Science of Managing the Large Family by Kim Brenneman and Passionate Housewives Desperate for God by Jennie Chancey and Stacy McDonald.

 I was checking my e-mails and I noticed a sale at vision forum, where I bought my books at a good discount. I'm so glad I found out before the sale was over, because these books were on my wish list. Besides the books, I received two free CDs titled Honorable Language, Peaceful Siblings, Gracious Wives. Of course, the Cd's content has already been transferred to my iPod and I'm listening to them when I'm out doing errands. 
This past week we were happy to have a special visit. My nephew Caleb, came to spend a few days with us which was a true blessing to the family. It is always encouraging to see him, as we always wind up having some very interesting and edifying discussions. Also, when his parents picked him up, we watched a DVD together called The Hebrew Yeshua vs. The Greek Jesus by Nehemia Gordon. This too initiated a lively discussion, I highly recommend it. My husband had previously bought the book so that we were familiar with the message; however, it was good to see the DVD as well.
Among other things that have gone on around here; I was thrilled with a gift my sweet husband gave me. A few days back he bought me the cutest little puppy which I couldn't resist and named Goliath. Here he is, hiding by David.
We have two other dogs, and they seem to be getting along fine. It was funny the first time I took him outside to our yard. The little thing went after our ducks which are so much bigger than he, and chased them away. It was too funny to watch, I can't wait to see what he does when he sees our chickens.

Too many things have happened, but I'll leave that for another post. Maybe my next post will be of pictures that I've been taking.






1 comment:

  1. Talk about juxtaposition! Tiny Goliath is hiding behind David, hehehe. :). Soooo adorable. Who can resist a puppy? :). I've been really wanting the second book and have just recently hear about the first. I would love to hear what you have to say on them.

    ReplyDelete