Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Keeping Busy at Home

So many things have been on my mind lately but I’ve had very little time to write. My time is spent mostly on housework and cooking. I have to say though, I’m really enjoying cooking. My kids are constantly telling me they like my brown rice among other things, which is a big relief. I still think my daughter Ruth makes the best rice.
Winking smile
 At the time I’m working on reorganizing my bedroom and closet. There is so much left to do. Maybe if I get it all done this week or next, I’ll have time to repaint before the month is over. There is also a sowing project that I’m anxious to work on soon (new curtains for our family room). If all goes well with organizing, I’m planning to move on to our family room/home library next.
Lately what’s been mostly in my heart is how I can be a better wife. I have been so blessed with an amazing husband, that I wish also to be a blessing to him. My heart’s desire is to truly be the proverbs “woman of valor”. Throughout the day while working around the house, I’m meditating on Hashem’s Word on the subject. Listening to Doug Phillips’ message on The Wise Woman’s Guide to Blessing Her Husband’s Vision has inspired me. I pray Hashem gives me the wisdom to be the helpmeet I was created to be.
Also lately, I gladly have spent more time with my firstborn, David. I drove him to a campus nearby where he registered for college. Later that week, I had to drive him back for his assessment tests. Every moment I spend with him is an opportunity to share G-d’s Word, which is one of the things I like best. I love when we talk about the Scriptures and how he can serve Hashem in his life. His books were ordered online, and are now on the way soon to arrive. We are so happy for him and know he’ll do great.
My daughter Chava has been keeping busy lately practicing on her keyboard and learning music. This week, we drove her to practice with our congregation’s music team and I was amazed at how well she did for it being her first time. Soon she plans to leave the dance team to join the music team; which also means I’ll be driving her to practice every week. It’s so great to see her enthusiasm for music and how her hard work is paying off.
So many things are going on that I need to slow down and take some time to plan my schedule better. Besides my chores and homeschooling my kids, I need to always make time for prayer/devotions and personal reading. I’m so blessed to be free to stay at home and serve my family in their various needs. I’m also especially thankful for my husband’s hard work and support;  which does free me to stay at home to begin with.
 In love
Chava at Zion’s music rehearsal

No comments:

Post a Comment