Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bat Mitzvah Celebration

This post will be a short one since I'm ready to go to bed. I'm out of the house most of the week lately and haven't the time to write new posts. This post however, I did not want to put off. This past Shabbat we celebrated my daughter's Bat Mitzvah with our congregation, Zion. It was a memorable occasion as we were blessed to be surrounded by both friends and family. We didn't have much time to prepare due to the fact it wasn't during my daughter's birthday. Actually she talked to our Rabbi and planned it around three weeks ago. I drove her to Rabbi's on three weekends to talk and prepare for her portion. Two days before the big day I was told about a dance my nephew was preparing for this special day. He also asked my kids and me to join them in the dance. Now I'm not that great a dancer to begin with, but I think that I could have done somewhat better if I'd have had a little more time to practice (This you will see in the video posted).
Notwithstanding the short time of preparation and all, we had a joyful and unforgettable time rejoicing with our friends and family. We took many pictures and videos although the whole service is available to be viewed at Zion's website. The part I most enjoyed was hearing Chavah talking about how now she perceived and embraced Hashem and His Word. It actually brought tears to my face. There is just so much gratitude in my heart for Hashem's faithfulness, Baruch HaShem.

                                          music practice before the service
                                          Chavah with her cousin Caleb


                                          Music Team praying


                                          Rabbi watching Kimberly during practice


                                          Rabbi  Hall and Chavah

                                          My husband and I with our daughter
                                          Torah Service
                                          Chava leading the prayers








dancing during the celebration

No comments:

Post a Comment